- Where ‘Anglefix’ is used, this relates to any of our own brand labels ‘The Builders Store’, ‘The Hardware Store’, ‘The Trade Centre’, ‘The Building Supply Store’. “Customer”, “Supplier” and “You” identifies you the customer or the supplier.
- GDPR is the General Data Protection Regulation which is in force as of 25th May 2018 across all member states of the European Union.
- CRMS is Customer Relations Management System.
Collecting your data:
There are several ways we may collect your information. These are listed below:
- Over the phone
- When you call Anglefix we collect Calling Line Identification (Caller ID). We use this information to help improve efficiency and effectiveness. This information is stored on the phone system for a maximum of one week. Sometimes you may wish to send an image or a text to Anglefix. Your mobile number will be visible to the person receiving the message. Anglefix do not use text message marketing as part of our marketing strategy.
- Visitors to our websites
- Registering for our Newsletter
- In store
- It is sometimes important to collect personal data in person at one of our store locations. The purpose of this is to assist us in the allocation, delivery/collection & processing of your order. This information will be stored electronically on our CRMS. The information will not be stored for longer than necessary to complete the order. Each time you place an order you maybe asked for the same information again. This information is not used for marketing purposes.
- Emails sent to us
- We use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt and protect email traffic. If your email service does not support TLS, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit. We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
- Social Media
- While we may have official profiles on social media platforms users are advised to verify authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page. If you send us a Direct Communication via Social Media, we shall use this information for the completion of an order or enquiry and will not use this direct communication to send you marketing or news without your prior consent.
Data we Collect About You:
- We may collect the following information about you:
- Your Name
- Company Name
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Postal Addresses (including Billing Address & Delivery Address)
- Bank Details/Card Payment Details
- Companies House Registration Number & VAT Number if applicable
How we use this Information:
- To fully process your order(s) with Anglefix.
- To carry out Credit Reference Checks & References for New Account Requests. We use a third party for this process, CreditSafe UK.
- To follow-up outstanding debts that you personally or as a business owe Anglefix Ltd. This does not require your expressed permission.
- To enable us to complete any requests that you ask of Anglefix in relation to technical support, product support & account queries.
- For marketing purposes with your expressed permission only.
How we Process this Information:
- Anglefix has a fully integrated CRMS. This system is provided by Merlin Business Software (MBS). All orders and personal data is processed using MBS.
- MBS does not store any payment details given to us by you.
- MBS does not require your contact details unless you are opening a customer account. We will not store your details unless you give us expressed permission to do so.
How we Store your Information:
- Our CRMS is password protected. All members of staff have their own login details and without a password, the data is secure from access.
- Access to all computer workstations & servers are password protected.
- Anglefix is committed to storing information for a limited time only. This includes to comply with HMRC requirements and GDPR. This may mean that your records are held for a maximum of 6 years. If you do not purchase from Anglefix within 7 years of your last purchase, your account will be removed from the system.
- Our staff occasionally use physical notepads to take down your contact details. Once these details have been transcribed to the CRMS the paper copy will be shredded or confidentially blacked out.
- Any records that are printed which we are required to store, will be held in a locked room at our Head Office.
Third Parties, Our Websites & Your Protection:
- Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on our websites or sent via e-mail are provided to users at their own risk. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure only genuine downloads are available users are advised to verify their authenticity using third party anti-virus software or similar applications.
We accept no responsibility for third party downloads and downloads provided by external third parties and advise users to verify their authenticity using third party anti-virus software or similar applications.
Our Commitment to You:
- We are committed to ensuring that the data you provide is handled securely and have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial processes to safeguard your information. We are registered with the ICO.
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
- If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete please write to or email us as soon as possible and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How to remove your Information from our CRMS:
- Write to us at Customer Care, Anglefix Ltd, Unit 3, Spelmonden Estate, Spelmonden, Goudhurst, Kent, TN17 1HE and ask for your details to be removed from the system. We shall reply in writing to confirm this has been completed. You can download the form here.